A Thanksgiving message from LIRS
It has been a difficult year for all of us, but the darkness we’ve faced has shone a bright light on all we have to be thankful for, too.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service would like to take this opportunity to express our sincerest gratitude to…
- Our clients, the immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers, for embodying resilience and serving as a model for all of us;
- Our frontline workers for their tireless sacrifices in service of our nation’s health and well-being;
- Our staff for stepping up to the plate in extraordinary ways in this new virtual world;
- Our affiliate partners for their innovation, patience, and dedication to the work of welcome;
- Our advocates for raising their voices on behalf of the most vulnerable on the local, state, and national level;
- Our donors for allowing us to keep the mission alive, even when all odds were against us;
- Our faith partners for their prayers and willingness to spread the message far and wide; and
- Our supporters and volunteers for their commitment to the mission of resettling refugees, embracing immigrants, and rekindling the American dream.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. We truly couldn’t do it without you. Be well, and however you’re celebrating, have a beautiful holiday season.