Throughout the nation, breakthroughs involving immigration laws are making headlines. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Douglas Stump of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) in which he discusses the negative effects stereotypes about migrants can have on our society.
- Rhett Buttle of The Hill gives his personal perspective in a piece titled, “Why I Stood with Obama on Immigration Reform.”
- “Congress Could Save Tens of Thousands of Americans Today. Here’s How,” proclaims a post from the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Colorlines’ Von Diaz describes the “Settlement Reached to Block Key Parts of Alabama Immigration Law.”
- Americas Voice announces “Another Crack in the Dam: Rep. Valadao Becomes 3rd House Republican to Join H.R. 15 Immigration Bill.”
- Douglas Stump of AILA discusses “Battling Preconceived Notions.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog, and I look forward to sharing with you the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.