Join our team of world changers and community transformers!
The LIRS Ambassador Network is a community of passionate advocates, volunteers, and leaders from all walks of life, united by their passion and commitment to stand in solidarity with LIRS and the newcomers we serve.
Ambassadors are the face of LIRS, accompanying their communities in learning about and acting on issues facing immigrants and refugees in the United States. From organizing awareness campaigns and advocacy actions, to hosting prayer vigils and social media takeovers, the LIRS Ambassador Network welcomes and equips leaders to use their unique gifts in the work of welcome.
LIRS Ambassadors will have access to resources and trainings to nourish their work while networking with change makers from across the country. They’ll also receive exclusive updates on immigration policy and LIRS programming from the frontlines. Together, LIRS Ambassadors will catalyze change in collaboration with our newest neighbors.
Sound like you or someone you know? Apply or share with a world-changer you know today!
Frequently Asked Questions
The LIRS Ambassador Network is open to anyone, regardless of age, profession, or geographic location. We’re looking for leaders who are committed to serving immigrants and refugees and representing the work of LIRS in their local communities and beyond.
Ambassadors are asked to make three annual commitments:
- Fill out the Annual Intention Survey to indicate what ways you’d like to serve
- Complete at least four actions throughout the year
- Submit an end-of-year Impact Assessment to measure your impact
We also encourage Ambassadors to attend trainings, webinars, and other events. Ultimately, the overall time commitment can be as flexible for as much or as little as works for you
Ambassadors are invited to use their unique interests and skills to make an impact through 5 core roles: Representative, Advocate, Creator, Convener, and Philanthropist.
- Representative: Represent LIRS at meetings and events in your local community, including brief presentations about ways individuals and communities can get involved
- Advocate: Focus efforts on learning about and advancing for policies around welcoming refugees and protecting asylum seekers
- Creator: Use your talents to lift up the experiences of immigrants and refugees and amplify the work of LIRS through your medium of choice: blogs, poetry, sermons, social media, and more
- Convener: Host events to engage new communities and individuals in LIRS annual programs and campaigns.
- Philanthropist: Inspire transformative generosity in support of immigrants and refugees through the LIRS mission
We’ll provide resources, tools, and ideas for potential actions associated with each role, but the sky is the limit! Ambassadors are encouraged to think creatively, mix and match, and discern how they can best use their gifts and show up in the world as an LIRS Ambassador.