The United State’s current hold on immigration reform has damaging effects on families and this week young advocates are taking action to stop family separation. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Sarah English that introduces five young people who are taking big risks as a way to bring attention to immigration reform.
- “The Revised Credible Fear Lesson Plan: Enough is Enough!,” exclaims a post from the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Sarah English of Fair Immigration Reform Movement writes, “Meet these Five Youth Heroes Who Made History Today.”
- The Immigrant Magazine’s Anthony Advincula explains that, “Children of Detained Immigrant Parents Suffer ‘Lifetime of Trauma’.”
- Rink Sen of Colorlines describes how, “Old Economic Policies Shape Today’s Migration Tragedies.”
- “New Report Sheds (Some) Light on the U.S. Deportation Regime,” writes Immigration Impact’s Walter Ewing.
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.