The humanitarian crisis that began on the U.S. southern border is beginning to effect other parts of the nation. In this week’s edition of the Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Aura Bogado of Colorlines who offers a positive story from the complex situation taking place in Murrieta, California.
- “Obama’s Quick Fix Won’t Solve the Regional Refugee Crisis,” explains Michelle Brané of the Women’s Refugee Commission.
- A video post from the National Council of La Raza conveys that “Extremists in Murrieta, Calif. Don’t Represent Majority of Americans.”
- “Meet the Immigrants Helping Immigrants in Murrieta,” writes Colorlines’ Aura Bogado.
- A post from the Detention Watch Network puts the spotlight on Congress as “20 Members of Congress Call for an End to the Indefinite Detention of Immigrants.”
- Georgeanne M. Usova of the American Civil Liberties Union discusses “Doing Right by the Unaccompanied Children on Our Border.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.