Employment with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service offers a chance to change the world. Whether working face-to-face with the people we serve or behind the scenes upholding standards of service, advocating for just policies, or providing technical and logistical support, LIRS staff members make a profound difference in the lives of refugees, immigrants, and the communities in which they live.
We invite you to invest in a career of changing lives by joining Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service’s work of welcome.
Our employment portal lists active openings at LIRS’s Baltimore headquarters and remote offices. You can apply directly online through this portal. If a position is no longer posted, we are no longer seeking to fill it. Please check back for future openings.
- Medical / Prescription drug
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-term and Long-term disability paid by LIRS
- Life insurance paid by LIRS for the employee
- Voluntary supplemental insurance for the employee and their dependents
- 403(b) – automatic contribution for all qualified employees PLUS a 100% match up to 4% for employees who contribute to the program
- Employee Assistance Program
LeaveLIRS offers flexible work hours and a generous leave policy.
- Vacation: full-time and part-time employees working 20 hours per week or more are eligible for Vacation time. Employees working less than 40 hours per week accrue leave on a prorated basis. Employees receive 20 vacation days for the first 15 years of service and 24 days thereafter.
- Sick Days: all full-time employees earn sick leave at the rate of one day per month. Regular part-time employees working at least 12 hours per week earn sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
- Personal Days: full-time employees are eligible for two personal days per year (pro-rated for part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week). Personal days are prorated to one day per year for employees hired after 6/30. No personal days are provided if hired after 9/1.
- Holidays: LIRS offers 11 national holidays PLUS the time between Christmas and New’s Year’s Day as paid holidays.