Employment with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service offers a chance to change the world. Whether working face-to-face with the people we serve or behind the scenes upholding standards of service, advocating for just policies, or providing technical and logistical support, LIRS staff members make a profound difference in the lives of refugees, immigrants, and the communities in which they live.
We invite you to invest in a career of changing lives by joining Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service’s work of welcome.
Our employment portal lists active openings at LIRS’s Baltimore headquarters and remote offices. You can apply directly online through this portal. If a position is no longer posted, we are no longer seeking to fill it. Please check back for future openings.
The LIRS Difference
LIRS offers a broad and inclusive range of benefits, many effective on the first day of employment. We focus on caring for staff and their families with benefits targeting physical, mental, and financial health and work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and your children
- An annual wellness benefit of $1,500 that supports your physical and mental health and can be used for personal/professional enrichment classes, gym memberships, fitness equipment, healthy eating, and much more!
- 12 weeks of fully paid parenting leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave
- Family building benefits to support you if/when you decide to grow your family including adoption assistance, egg/sperm storage, and IVF.
- 12 paid holidays and the week off between Christmas and New Year’s each year
- 20 days of vacation/year and 12 days of sick leave/year
- 3% contribution and a 4% match to your retirement plan with no vesting period
- Telework and hybrid work schedules
LIRS prides ourselves on offering a supportive, engaging work environment with a diverse group of committed colleagues passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Join us!