Bishops are raising awareness on the borders as supporters for immigration reform continue to face the challenges of the U.S. immigration system. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Diane Guillen Wride in which she describes the devastating effects of deportations on both individuals and families.
- “Naturalize Now – Citizenship Application to Double in Length,” Elena Shore of the Immigrant Magazine discusses a change in policy.
- National Immigration Forum’s Mario Moreno describes “The Sights and Sounds from the Mass on the Border.”
- Diane Guillen Wride writing for the National Immigrant Justice Center writes: “Drowning in a Sea of Broken Families: A Message From a Heartbroken Daughter.”
- “Immigrants Have No Access to Justice,” writes Sarah Mehta of the American Civil Liberties Union.
- A post from Immigration Impact explains, “How the Broken Immigration System Hurts Farmworkers Who Pick Our Crops.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.