The federal standstill on immigration reform has forced local government entities throughout the nation to take action. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Hope Mustakim in which she describes the wrongful detention that her husband endured.
- William Stock of the American Immigration Lawyers Association discusses a new trend as, “Cities and Counties Stand Up for the Constitution.”
- A post from America’s Voice focuses on a specific immigration challenge as a “U.S. Veteran Asks for Forgiveness, Battles to Return Home.”
- “Don’t Call 911″ – Immigrant Crime Victims in Nashville, TN Discuss #SComm,” a video posted by the Detention Watch Network
- Immigration Impact’s Patrcik Taurel describes, “The DACA Renewal Process: Everything You Need to Know.”
- “From Detainee to Activist,” guest blogger Hope Mustakim documents her husband’s immigration struggle for Sojourners.
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.