The nation’s capital was buzzing this week as the Fast For Families bus pulled into town. An additional hunger strike was held on the White House Lawn as advocates continued to fight for the President’s attention. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Lisa Sharon Harper who discusses the importance of the faith movement regarding the fight for immigration reform.
- “DRM Action Coalition Launches Hunger Strike in Front of White House,” writes Van Le of America’s Voice.
- The National Council of La Raza’s Janet Murguía explains, “For Latinos, the Deportation Crisis Is Personal.”
- Kica Matos of the Fair Immigration Reform Movement discusses, “ Of Love And Politics, And Jeb Bush’s Surprising Statement.”
- “New Reports Undermine Obama Administration’s Claims About Deportations,” explains Walter Ewing of Immigration Impact
- Sojouner’s Lisa Sharon Harper describes,“Immigration and Resurrection.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.