Advocates are working hard to bring the issues surrounding immigration detention into the spotlight. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Bronwyn Lea where she discusses the long and complicated process of becoming a legal citizen in the United States.
- “I Am the Immigrant,” writes Bronwyn Lea with Sojourners.
- A post from America’s Voice exclaims, “Immigration Movement on fire, House Republican Leadership in Hiding.”
- Immigration Impact’s Patrick Taurel expresses, “The Punishment Should Fit the Crime for Immigrants, Too.”
- Aura Bogado of Colorlines writes, “Immigrants Begin Protest Inside El Paso Detention Center.”
- Detention Watch Network’s Will Coley discusses, “‘Locking up the Legals’ –Research on Long-term Detention of Immigrants in LA Area.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.