From Colorado to Kentucky, immigration continues to take center stage as mid-term campaigns enter their final weeks. However, it is time for the rhetoric to stop and for action to start in order to prevent repeating the story that Aura Bogado brings to us this week in ColorLines.
- In his New Hampshire senatorial campaign Scott Brown Goes For The “Fox News Trifecta,” combining public fear of Ebola, ISIS, and immigration in an attempt to stir up votes, writes Van Le from America’s Voice.
- Nearly Half of Millennial Voters Say Dems Better Represent Their Views on Immigration, reports America’s Voice’s Van Le.
- Let’s Show Compassion for Young Immigrants, writes Nancy Langer, LIRS Interim Vice President for Mission Advancement, in the Baltimore Sun.
- Hours after the Associated Press reported his story, Dario Guerrero Meneses, an Undocumented Harvard Student, is Allowed to Return to the U.S. after leaving in attempts to save his dying mother writes Aura Bogado from ColorLines.
- Anti-Immigrant Group Runs Ad in States With Key Senate Races says Immigration Impact’s Walter Ewing.
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.