The immigration system in this nation has been neglected for far too long. Now the broken system is being pushed to its limits as it struggles to meet the challenges from the current humanitarian crisis. In this week’s edition of the Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Carly Perez that introduces a new interactive website that tells the stories of people being held in immigration detention.
- “Detention Watch Network Launches New Microsite, Featuring “Bedtime Stories” Representing Detained Immigrants #EndtheQuota,” Carly Perez of Detention Watch Network highlights this new feature.
- Carolyn Winfrey Gillette of Sojourners offers a different type of response to the unaccompanied children crisis with “‘The Children Come’: A New Hymn on the Exodus of Children from Central America to the U.S. Border.”
- “DOJ Adds Temp Judges and Shifts Priorities in Response to Unaccompanied Minors,” reports Immigration Impacts’ Mark Noferi.
- Refugee International’s Sarnata Reynolds discusses “Organized Criminal Groups, U.S. Protection, and the Principle of Non-Discrimination.”
- Laura Vazquez of the National Council of La Raza writes “Hanging in the Balance: Stories of Aspiring Americans.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.