A massive rally in Washington, D.C. and new legislation in California have again placed immigration reform in the spotlight. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from National Council of La Raza that draws attention to the many reasons advocates are renewing their efforts to support immigration reform at this critical moment.
- Julia Toepfer of National Immigrant Justice Center urges readers to “Rethink Immigration: Excessive Enforcement Put in Perspective.”
- “From Coast to Coast, Immigrants Drive Local Economies,” writes Paul McDaniel of Immigration Impact.
- Writing for the Huffington Post, Rep. Judy Chu (CA-27), along with a handful of other representatives, explains why the United States is “A Nation of Immigrants.”
- Victor Nieblas Pradis of American Immigration Lawyers Association discusses “California on Immigration—Great Steps Forward and New Requirements for Immigration Attorneys.”
- A post from National Council of La Raza asks, “Why Do You Support Immigration Reform?”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog, and I look forward to sharing with you the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.