Advocates are using a variety of strategies to express the need for immigration reform. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Will Coley of Detention Watch Network that includes an interview about conditions in the Stewart Detention Center in Georgia.
- “Detention Bed Mandate is Just One Example of How Immigration is Being Criminalized,” writes Walter Ewing of Immigration Impact.
- Detention Watch Network’s Will Coley discusses an interview with “Maxi Sopo at the Stewart Detention Center.”
- Sarah English of the Fair Immigration Reform Movement highlights the power of “Youth in Action.”
- “Immigration Advocates Fast for Reform” in a post by Colorlines’ Von Diaz.
- A headline from America’s Voice reiterates a call by immigrant farmworkers, labor leaders, and immigration advocates to the Republican House to “‘Do Your Jobs’ on Immigration.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.