Major political decisions have brought the issues of detention and deportation into the top news of the week. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Matthew Kolodziej, which demonstrates positive actions recently taken regarding immigration reform.
- Janet Murguia of the National Council of La Raza recounts the “NCLR 2014 Capital Awards Speech: President’s Message.”
- “Local Anti-Immigrant Laws Die as More States and Municipalities Pursue Pro-Immigrant Policies,” writes Immigration Impact’s Matthew Kolodziej.
- America’s Voice alerts readers with the headline, “NEW REPORT: Changing Demographics in Arizona and the Politics of Immigration.”
- National Immigration Forum’s Larry Benenson explains how “Washington Continues to Spend Billions on Immigrant Detention.”
- Carly Perez of Detention Watch Network writes that the “Obama Administration Includes Arbitrary Number of Detention Beds in Fiscal Year 2015 Budget #endthequota.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.