I’m pleased to announce that the LIRS Governance Committee is beginning to recruit for our 2016 Board.
We are seeking new members who have a passion for creating just and welcoming communities, those who feel called to ensure that all migrants and refugees are protected, embraced, and empowered. We seek new members who believe that newcomers transform American communities.
The LIRS Board is responsible for setting our mission goals and ensuring we have the resources, leadership, and oversight necessary to carry it out. A leadership team composed of the president and vice presidents guides the organization. We work towards achieving our objectives with integrity, courage, and fiscal responsibility. We encourage all to apply, including former refugees, immigrants, and Lutherans. Information about current board members can be viewed at the LIRS Leadership page.
In particular, we encourage those to apply who have:
- Substantial expertise and access to networks and communities
- Large corporations and private sector networks
- Fundraising and access to resources (foundation, corporations, individuals, personal)
- Church or church-related agency leadership
And those who are:
- Personally connected to the LIRS mission
- Between the ages of 18 and 40
The deadline for nominations is May 29, 2015. Please feel free to share this information with anyone in your network who meets the above criteria.