Anti-immigrant rhetoric continues to make itself present in political ads, campaign speeches, and debates. But are voters singing a different tune than those vying to represent them? Through the ballot, as we see this week in a piece from America’s Voice, Americans again have voted to limit ICE’s reach to protect migrants. Will they do the same against congressional representatives in November?
- Immigration Impact’s Beth Werlin explains a new Report That Discloses Deportation of Central American Asylum Seekers.
- How Can A Three Year Old Represent Himself In Court? asks Immigration Impact’s Legal Action Center
- ColorLines Julianne Hing shows us that In Georgia, Immigration Frustration May Test Latino Voter’s Impact.
- By Huge Margin, NYC Council Passes Bills Supporting Immigrant Communities, Limiting ICE America’s Voice Online reports.
- Honduran Teen Fled Gang Violence, Found New Family, Obama Administration is Sending Him Back. America’s Voice Online gives the story.
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.