Elected officials from local governments to the federal government are joining in the movement for immigration reform. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Aura Bogado which describes the journey of a hardworking DREAMer who continues to accomplish big goals.
- A post from America’s Voice explains that, “On Immigration Reform, Prominent Republicans Speak Up.”
- Fair Immigration Reform Movement’s Abby Marco describes, “Crossing Over: An Eye-Opening Read.”
- “DREAMer Leaves U.S. by Choice, Ends Up at Harvard,” Aura Bogado of Colorlines tells the story.
- A post from the National Council of La Raza declares, “SB 1070 Taken Down Yet Another Notch.”
- “Growing Number of Localities Limit Detention of Immigrants,” writes Immigration Impact’s Amanda Peterson Beadle.
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.