With the start of a new year, immigration advocates are focusing on the success of 2013 and creating momentum for 2014. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from America’s Voice, which discusses the strength of the immigration movement as it transitions into 2014.
- “No Phone Calls, No Justice: @ACLU NorCal Sues ICE Over Unfair Telephone Policy,” writes Will Coley of Detention Watch Network.
- Jonathan Blazer of the American Civil Liberties Union explains, “States Surge Forward on Immigrants’ Rights in 2013.”
- Immigration Impact describes the “Top Five Immigration Stories from 2013.”
- “CBS News Asks: Can Immigration Reform Pass in 2014? Our Unrelenting Movement Will Make It Happen,” is a post from America’s Voice.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association discusses, “Hitting the Pause Button.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.