The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
A local welcome for global neighbors
LIRS Welcome Centers ensure that asylum seekers and refugees have access to local services and support.
We provide protection-centered and trauma-informed case management services to asylum seekers and those arriving through humanitarian parole, including:
- A service plan within one month of enrollment, tailored to their individual needs.
- Mental health screening and referral to mental health and psychosocial support through internal services where available, as well as external referrals.
- Connection to community health providers to address any health issues.
- Legal services, including know-your rights support, guidance to secure legal counsel, and support in obtaining assistance with applications where needed.
- Connection to community-based resources for which they are eligible, such as food banks, volunteer services, and faith communities.
- Education services, including school enrollment for school-age children, and access to youth and adult education programming, including English classes.
- Emergency food, housing, and financial assistance.
Our Welcome Centers
LIRS Welcome Centers are privately funded, and we thank Bank of America for their generous support.
To support a Welcome Center, or start a new Welcome Center in your area, please contact email@example.com