Immigration reform is once again a national focus. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Emily Butera of the Women’s Refugee Commission analyzing how to fix our flawed immigration system and its tendency to separate family members.
- Anastasia Tonello of the American Immigration Lawyers Association discusses the anniversary of super-storm Sandy, and its symbolic meaning for immigration reform, in her post “One Year Later.”
- Immigration Impact’s Paul McDaniel explains “How Immigrants on a Pathway to Citizenship can Revitalize Rust Belt Cities.”
- “Women Deserve Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” declares the National Council of La Raza.
- Colorlines’ Aura Bogado offers hope when she writes about how “Immigration Activists Continue to Fight on All Fronts.”
- Emily Butera of the Women’s Refugee Commission makes an appeal to “Help Immigrant Moms Keep Their Children.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog, and I look forward to sharing with you the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.